Interview with Naomi Fink: on the Japanese economy and the outlook for Abenomics.
In an exclusive interview, Naomi Fink speaks with The Diplomat’s Anthony Fensom on:
– The Japanese growth outlook
– Wages, inflation and the BOJ’s 2% target
– BOJ Policy in 2015
– Aggressive monetary stimulus, deflation and inflation
– Abenomics held up to Fink’s unique empirical analysis of structural reform needs
– Benefits of soft commodities, and the weak yen
– Scepticism over so-called “Womenomics” and other labour reform discussions
– Pensions: an area in which “lessons from Japan” are very relevant
See related article on “Is Abenomics Firing At the Wrong Targets?” for more on the “third arrow” of Abenomics.